Event Planning and Planner's Checklist
7.1 Event Agenda
A tentative agenda is recommended at least six (6) months before the first contract day. A preliminary agenda is required sixty (60) days before the first contract day. A final agenda containing complete event requirements is due thirty-one (31) days before the first contract day, including but not limited to, event schedule or timeline, exhibition timeline (move-in, show, move-out) and diagram, approved floor plans (exhibits, meetings, general sessions), utility and technical requirements, event security, audio visual (A/V), and General Service Contractor (GSC) production schedules. Send the event agenda to your Event Coordinator via email. Visit our Event Services Contact page to find your Event Coordinator’s email.
7.2 Event Coordinator
An Event Coordinator will be assigned to your event once the event has an executed contract. Your Event Coordinator will be available to assist you throughout the planning process and make the transition from event planning to show implementation as smooth as possible.
7.3 Event Insurance
A Certificate of Insurance (COI) is required for all events and must be submitted to the Department sixty (60) days prior to the first contract day. The COI must be for the same organization name as listed on the License agreement or have all affiliated names listed.
- Commercial General Liability insurance with a minimum combined single limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence and a minimum $1,000,000 aggregate including products and completed operations and contractual liability coverage is required.
- Fire Legal Liability included with limits of $50,000 is required.
- Comprehensive Automobile Liability insurance with a minimum combined single limit of $500,000 including owned, non-owned, and hired coverage is required.
- The “City of Austin” shown as additional insured for both Commercial General Liability and Comprehensive Automobile Liability is required.
- Only insurance written by a company with an A.M. Best rating of no less than a B+ and in good standing with the State Board of Insurance shall be acceptable to the City of Austin.
- The Certificate Holder to read: City of Austin – Austin Convention Center Department, P.O. Box 1088, Austin, TX 78767-8838.
- Acceptance of the insurance by the City of Austin should not relieve, limit, or decrease the liability of the client. Any policy deductibles or retention is the responsibility of the client.
- Clients must control any special or unusual hazards and be responsible for any damage resulting from those hazards. The City of Austin does not represent these insurance requirements which are sufficient to protect the client’s interests or provide adequate coverage.
- Palmer Events Center will not provide access to the property until proper proof of insurance is provided.
7.4 Event Invoice
The balance, if any, owed to the Palmer Events Center is due and payable within thirty (30) days upon receipt of the final invoice. Our finance division will send you an itemized invoice to the client for rental, services or equipment used as well as damages or excessive cleanup costs incurred during the event. The invoice should reflect any payments received by the Palmer Events Center.
7.5 Facility Floor Plans and Dimensions
Facility Dimensions are listed to assist you with the planning process for your event. Your Event Coordinator may assist you with determining if the facility dimensions are appropriate for your event’s needs.
7.6 Equipment and Services Rates
Palmer Events Center offers an Incentive Rate to clients on equipment and services if the assigned Event Coordinator receives all complete event requirements and specifications thirty (31) days out from the first contract day. Add-ons and change orders received thirty (30) days or less from the first contracted day are charged the Standard Rate. Complete event requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Event schedule or timeline (agenda)
- Event security requirements
- Emergency medical paramedic services
- Exhibition timeline and diagram (move-in, show, move-out)
- General Service Contractor production and/or A/V schedules
- Approved floor plans (exhibits, meetings, general session)
- Utility and technical requirements schedules
7.7 Hours of Operation
An event contract day is from 6:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m CST. Event hours outside of a contract day are subject to overtime rates plus applicable labor charges at prevailing rates. Administrative office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST. The Administrative office is closed most major holidays.