Signage and Decorations
30.1 Digital Signage
Four Winds Interactive system is utilized to manage digital content for all our digital signage. There is 1 marquee, 8 overhead displays, and 5 meeting room signs. Submissions for digital signage should be delivered at least two weeks prior to your first contract day to avoid technical labor charges. Visit our Technology page to view the Digital Signage section for specifications or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Palmer Events Center manages the messages displayed on the marquee, the date the message will appear, as well as, the facility’s information line. Clients are required to submit event information for approval and display. The marquee is not available for advertising purposes.
30.3 Outside Areas and Displays
Outside exhibits are considered on a case by case basis and will be based on other show activity in the facility and/or type of exhibit. Clients may not place exhibits outside the facility without prior approval.
30.4 Signs, Window Clings and Carpet Adhesive Graphics
Palmer Events Center strives to accommodate requests to promote events with interior signs, banners and other forms of promotional advertisement, including exhibitor’s requests for signage above booth areas. The following guidelines are designed to protect the interest of all users of the facility and maintain an appropriate building environment. Generally, these guidelines do not apply to or installations by individual exhibitors within exhibit booths.
- Requests for installation of show banners, exterior, interior or directional signs, window clings and carpet adhesive graphics must be submitted to your Event Coordinator six (6) months in advance.
- Final requests are required sixty (60) days before the first contract day.
- Decorations, signs, banners or similar materials may not be taped, nailed, tacked, stapled or otherwise fastened to ceilings, doors, walls, glass, columns, painted surfaces, fabric or decorative walls. Damage resulting from the improper and/or unauthorized installation of materials will be charged to the client.
- Third party advertisement banners are not allowed.
- The facility’s permanent directional signs or graphics may not be obstructed in any manner.
- Due to safety concerns, Palmer Events Center reserves the right to require the use of rigging personnel for hanging items when it deems necessary.
- All rigging services are supervised by Palmer Events Center rigging personnel. Fees may apply.
- Signs are not allowed to be attached to electrical lighting conduits, utility pipes or sprinkler systems.
- All beam structures or other painted surfaces must be covered with protective material before wire, cable, or the like is attached to prevent damaging the painted surface.
- Clients are responsible for damage, injury or the like resulting due to the hanging of a sign or attachment to the facility by any exhibitor, sub-contractor, contractor, representative or agent.
- Any material or equipment related to signs must be completely removed by the end of the last contract day.
- In accordance with the City of Austin Department of Transportation, signs or banners may not be installed within the right-of-way of the public roadways.
Steps to attain a right of way permit:
- Register as a first time user here
- Check your email to confirm registration and click on the link provided.
- Link will take you to a page to confirm your email address, security question, and password.
- You’ll receive a second email: Confirm and log-in using that new password/username.
- Click on ‘Apply for Right of Way Permits’ on the left side of the screen.
- ‘Select Application Type’ as Right of Way. Follow steps.
- Include insurance and bond information for all Temporary Use of Right of Way permits under
- Here’s a guide on how to apply for a Right of Way permit. Begin on page 38.
- If Palmer Events Center is required to dismantle any sign, clients will be charged the applicable labor and equipment charges at the prevailing rates.
- Plans for all directional and informational signs, as well as plans for banners, special graphics or decorations in public areas must be reviewed by your Event Coordinator.
- We do not provide event-related directional signage.
- The use of window clings or carpet adhesive graphics must be approved.
Helium balloons are not recommended and require prior written approval through your Event Coordinator. Charges to retrieve helium balloons are billed to clients at the prevailing rate. Helium tanks must be secured to safety cart or permanent object in upright position with valve safety covers in place except when in use.
Candles and open flame devices are not permitted.
30.7 Decorations and Decals
Decorations are not provided (such as plants, etc.) for any event at the facility. The service for such may be arranged through the General Service Contractor or another subcontractor of the client. Cost to repair damage resulting from the improper or unauthorized installation of materials will be charged clients.
- All curtains, drapes, decorations and decorative or construction materials must be non-combustible or flame retardant. Documentation affirming non-combustible or flame retardant properties must be available on site.
- Cleanup fees are assessed at the prevailing rate when special effect items are used, such as confetti or balloon drops. Live Christmas trees are not permitted. Construction painting is not permitted on the premises.
- Pressure-adhesive stickers or decals or similar promotional items are not allowed for distribution in the facility. Gum is not to be used as a decoration or give-a-way to attendees while in the facility.
- All decorations remaining in the facility at the conclusion of the event are considered trash.
30.8 Fog and Smoke Machines
Fog and smoke machines, as well as the schedule for use of such, require advance approval. Any “fogging” or “hazing” has the potential to activate one of the many types of fire detection devices in the facility. Therefore, at least sixty (60) days advance notice given to your Event Coordinator is required to avoid unwanted disruption to an event. Fog and smoke machine usage is restricted to water-based chemicals. Use of fog or smoke machine(s) will require a re-watch. Such costs are at the client’s expense.