31.1 Electrical Equipment
Electrical equipment must be listed (U.L., F.M., etc.). All equipment and connections, regardless of power source, must comply with federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Electrical wiring must be in accordance with the National Electrical Code: fourteen (14) Gauge wire or better is required for all connections.
- All extension cords must be three (3) wires grounded.
- Only Palmer Events Center personnel are allowed to provide electrical service connections and move department electrical equipment.
- Utility panels and mechanical equipment rooms may not be blocked under any circumstances.
- Electrical requirements for registration areas vary; however, the minimum requirement preferred is a single fifteen (15) amp outlet for each counter to power the header sign, a computer, a printer, and a credit card machine.
- Wall, column, and permanent building electrical outlets are not included with the facility rental. Access to all wall and floor pockets is restricted to Palmer Events Center personnel.
- Electrical services are audited prior to and during the event. Services provided, but not yet paid for, are included in the client’s or exhibitor’s invoice at the standard rate.
- Requests for electrical service outside of the facility must be approved in advance.
31.2 Utility Services
We provide all utilities as an exclusive service including, but not limited to, electrical, water and drain, gas, compressed air and telephone services. We ask that clients make utility service order forms available to exhibitors at least thirty (30) days before the first contract date. Clients are responsible for utility services costs assessed at the prevailing rate.
31.3 Things to Know
- Permanent facility outlets are not considered part of an exhibitor’s booth space.
- Certain utilities may be limited to certain areas (i.e. gas and water).
- Electrical equipment must be underwriter laboratory approved.
- Our electrical equipment (extension cords, distribution boxes, etc.) should not be removed by exhibitors, service contractors, or other personnel.
- The exhibit hall utility door pockets are located on thirty foot (30’) centers. Exhibit plan layouts should be designed accordingly. Exhibit floor plans not aligned on thirty foot (30’) centers may be assessed additional charges and may not be accessible for utility services to booths. Some utility services may not be accessible for booths.
- An exhibitor list, both in alphabetical and numerical order, is required so prompt service may be provided to exhibitors. Services ordered and not used are not credited or refunded.
- Unscheduled labor may be subject to the overtime charges of one and one-half (1 1/2) the regular rate.
- Electrical outlets and audio patches are included with the use of our preferred AV company only (Freeman).
- Over payment for utility services is only considered when our personnel is noticed before the end of the event at which over payment was made.
- Production requirements must be submitted forty- five (45) days in advance. For a complete listing and additional information on utility services and technical services, refer to the following order forms.